January 15, 2008

My 2nd Family


There is this little noodle shop not 30 meters from my condo. It's famous for two things, really good noodles and a family of 10+ rats that hang out about 2 feet from where you eat. Every night I come home I will check out the goings on. Sometime there is garbage strewn about and they will lose all the inhibitions that a well behaved rat might have. Last week their was something particularly tasty in one of the bins and they all piled in, probably 3 or 4 deep.
They have also become one of my favorite things to photograph. I've got some touching shots of a mother rat either giving food to her kids (or stealing it, I'm not quite sure). Recently I had dinner at the noodle shop. I brought along a cliff shot (energy power gel). I poured it out right next to the noodle stand and setup my camera. I'll let this video show you the rest.


Rat Update (2 weeks later): Pui thinks it's because of the publicity they got on this blog, but somebody got wise to them and slipped them something a little less healthy than my energy gel. Rest in Peace good buddies.

No comments: